I am a birth and postnatal doula. A doula is a professional who is trained in childbirth, and provides continuous support to a mother before, during, and after birth. A doula’s role is to ‘mother the mother’ by supporting and nurturing her throughout her pregnancy, birth and the often quite overwhelming early days of motherhood.
The word ‘doula’ means ‘woman who serves’.
As your birth and/or postnatal doula you can be sure that I will be completely committed to, and full of love for, you and your baby. I will also support and reassure your partner, and work in partnership with your midwives.
I offer the following packages:
(Half of the fee is payable upon booking, and the remaining half will be due on the first day of the on-call period)
- At least two antenatal visits – once you have booked me I will come to your home and we will discuss your wishes for the birth and make a plan of how best to implement them
- Midwife appointments and meetings with medical professionals – I can be at your side should you need me there
- Support with using essential oils in pregnancy and during labour
- Being on call for you from 38 weeks – I will be ready to drop everything and come to you when you need me
- Attending your birth – from start to finish I will stay with you throughout your birth supporting you practically, physically, emotionally and mentally – by helping you and your partner make decisions
- Full write up of your birth story
- Home cooked meal (delivered while still hot) to your home for your first night with your new baby
- At least two further postnatal visits – I will help you in any way I can as you get to know your baby and signpost you to further support if needed
- Unlimited phone/text/email communication throughout the whole relationship
As your postnatal doula I will do any of the following to help you as you recover from the birth and adapt to your new normal:
- Debrief your birth
- Listen to you
- Support feeding (breast or bottle)
- Help you to make informed choices by providing you with evidence based information
- Lend books/direct you to relevant articles/information etc
- Teach you how to massage your baby (I am a trained IAIM baby massage instructor)
- Help you create a support network
- Take care of your baby while you sleep/shower
- Make meals for you – I am particularly interested in nutrition and I really love cooking for my clients
- ‘Manage’ tricky visitors (!)
- Tidying up
- Change bedding
- School/nursery run
- Food shopping/errands
- Dog walking
- Help with older children’s homework
- Anything else that needs doing
(I offer two or three hourly sessions during weekdays, and charge 30 Euros per hour.)
Gift vouchers are available in all shapes and sizes. Should your friends and family wish to pay for my support they can simply contact me to arrange the right package for you. (00447908666204)
Please note that I operate a pay it forward scheme. Should you be able and willing, you will have the opportunity to pay into this scheme, so that someone else can receive my support. If you cannot afford my services do not let that put you off getting in touch; the scheme means you can be funded by someone who came before you. I also offer my services in exchange for yours; give me a call and we will see if we can arrange something that works for us both.
I have attended home births, hospital births, water births, caesarean births, induced births, and VBAC births. I have supported couples through very long births and very quick births. I have looked after women of all ages and all backgrounds, both low and high risk. Although I am new to Holland, I have worked in most hospitals in South London. No two births have been the same, and it has been a huge privilege to be part of each and every one. Postnatally I have supported all sorts of families in all sorts of ways throughout the fourth trimester.
“Thank you for your amazing support yesterday, you were incredible and a massive help to me throughout. I couldn’t have done it without you.” Vicky, mum to baby Violet.
“Thank you so very much for all your guidance, support, kind words, massage and food during our labour! We could not have done it without you and will be forever grateful for having you with us on the best day of our lives.” Lavinia, mum to baby Archie.
“We feel so blessed and lucky beyond belief that we got to have you as our doula. We wholeheartedly couldn’t have coped with Otto’s birth without you.” Frankie, mum to baby Otto.
“Thank you for all the time you spent with us which was above and beyond what we could ever have expected. You made us so comfortable throughout the whole process which otherwise would have been even more overwhelming.” Helen, mum to baby Sofie.
‘Antonia is incredibly reassuring – I felt my anxiety levels reduce after each of our antenatal sessions. She is also a mine of useful information and resources. During and after the birth Antonia instinctively knew what I needed – she was a huge emotional and practical support. Postnatally she nourished both my body and my soul.” Jane, mum to baby Robin.
“I can’t tell you how invaluable it was knowing you were a phonecall or a Whatssapp away. I can honestly say that my labour was one of the best nights of my life. It was the most empowering thing I have ever done, and I am so grateful to you for supporting me and getting me through it” Lowri, mum to baby Alfie
“I must admit that when Lowri first mentioned bringing in a doula I was somewhat sceptical! Now I realise we couldn’t have done it without you. Throughout the whole experience your calm, friendly, maternal and fun attitude made the whole birth such an amazing episode in our lives.” Olly, dad to baby Alfie
If you would like to meet for a relaxed chat to see if we could be a good fit, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call or text me on 00447908666204 to arrange a meeting.