I am a mentored birth and postnatal doula. A doula is a professional who is trained in childbirth, and provides continuous support to a mother before, during, and after birth. A doula’s role is to ‘mother the mother’ by supporting and nurturing her throughout her pregnancy, birth and the often quite overwhelming early days of motherhood.
The word ‘doula’ means ‘woman who serves’.
As your birth and/or postnatal doula you can be sure that I will be completely committed to, and full of love for, you and your baby. I will also support and reassure your partner, and work in partnership with your midwives.
I offer the following packages:
- 2 x antenatal visits – we will discuss your wishes for the birth and make a plan of how best to implement them
- Being on call for you from 38 weeks – I will be ready to drop everything and come to you when you need me
- Attending your birth – I will stay with you throughout your birth supporting you practically, physically, emotionally and mentally – by helping you and your partner make decisions
- Full write up of your birth story
- 2 x postnatal visits – I will help you in any way I can as you get to know your baby and signpost you to further support if needed
- Unlimited phone/text/email communication throughout
(£400 is payable upon booking, and the remaining £400 will be due on the first day of the on-call period)
“Thank you for your amazing support yesterday, you were incredible and a massive help to me throughout. I couldn’t have done it without you.” Vicky, mum to baby Violet.
“Thank you so very much for all your guidance, support, kind words, massage and food during our labour! We could not have done it without you and will be forever grateful for having you with us on the best day of our lives.” Lavinia, mum to baby Archie.
“We feel so blessed and lucky beyond belief that we got to have you as our doula. We wholeheartedly couldn’t have coped with Otto’s birth without you.” Frankie, mum to baby Otto.
As your postnatal doula I will do any of the following to help you as you recover from the birth and adapt to your new normal:
- Debrief your birth
- Listen to you
- Support feeding (breast or bottle)
- Help you to make informed choices by providing you with evidence based information
- Lend books/direct you to relevant articles/information etc
- Teach you how to massage your baby (I am a trained IAIM baby massage instructor)
- Help you create a support network
- Take care of your baby while you sleep/shower
- Make meals for you
- ‘Manage’ tricky visitors (!)
- Tidying up
- Change bedding
- School/nursery run
- Food shopping/errands
- Dog walking
- Help with older children’s homework
- Anything else that needs doing
(I offer two hourly sessions from 9am – 11am weekdays, and charge £30 per hour.)
If you would like to meet for a relaxed chat to see if we could be a good fit, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call or text me on 07908666204 to arrange a meeting.